Social Services & Family Development (SSFD)
Allah SWT says in the Holly Qur’an: “We have only sent you (O Mohammad) as a mercy for all creatures”(21:107).
Who gives money, though dear, to near relatives, and orphans, and the needy, and the homeless, and the beggars, and for the freeing of slaves; those who perform the prayers, and pay the obligatory charity, and fulfill their promise when they promise, and patiently persevere in the face of persecution, hardship, and in the time of conflict. These are the sincere; these are the pious.” (2:177). The above-mentioned verses are the foundation of MUNA Social Services & Family Development (SSFD) Department’s program. Serving Allah and the humanity are our utmost responsibilities.
The above-mentioned verses are the foundation of MUNA SSFD Department’s program. Serving Allah and the humanity are our utmost responsibilities.
The major activities of MUNA’s major SSFD Department include:
- All possible fundamental services such as professional support, housing support, hospital visit, relative support, inter-faith visit, relief activity, ride support, funeral service and prayer, family in mourning visit, family counseling, neighbor support etc.
- Feed the hungry program to provide ready to eat warm meals to homeless/needy families on a regular basis throughout the year in USA.
- Back-to-school program (Backpack Program) – donating back packs with school supplies to school students from low income families.
- Adopt a litter-free Highway by sending our cleaning teams in different locations.
- Health /medical seminars for creating health awareness in communities and offering free medical care by inviting medical and dental doctors.
- MUNA Matrimonial Services is the new project (2nd year ) to arrange marriages between young Muslim brothers and sisters. We had our matrimonial session in MUNA convention both in 2018 and 2019 in Philadelphia. It is a vital need in Muslim communities.
- MUNA scholarship project is also on its way to support our college-bound kids, and
- Employment support effort.